Solar power is one of the most popular sources of energy today. The current pandemic has highlighted the benefits that solar panels bring to consumers, especially regarding how it can act as a backup power supply, helping to make your home more self-sufficient. Although the upfront costs associated with switching to solar panels in Sydney can be a little hefty, specifically around solar panel installation, the benefits and savings generated in the long term make it worthwhile. A recent study also revealed that solar energy has now officially become cheaper than fossil fuels as of 2019.
Advantages of Installing Solar Panels
– Solar panels have a usage time frame of 40 to 50 years and can be recycled once they reach the end of their service.
– Solar panels are an environmentally friendly way to generate energy.
– Going solar now protects you from higher prices or panel shortages in the future.
– Adding solar panels to your home can help offset increased energy costs, letting you save money while you work remotely.
– With the continued availability of our great financing options, you can go solar with no money down.
– Solar energy is the fastest energy source to make use of.
– Solar panels produce approximately 10 kilowatts of energy per square foot.
– Solar panels can produce power without direct sunlight.
– In 30 years, the average solar panel system installed on the roofs of buildings can reduce pollution by decreasing around 100 tons of carbon dioxide. This is because unlike fossil fuels, solar energy produces no pollution when generating electricity.
– Once you get solar panels installed on your roof, your home’s market value will increase.
– Traditional electricity production can use thousands of litres of water each year. However, to generate power through solar panels, water isn’t required.
What Factors Account for the Cost Of Solar Panels?
Factor 1: The Characteristics of Your Home
The location of your home will affect the average solar panel installation cost. The best houses for solar panels have a south-facing roof with a slope of approximately 30 degrees. The solar installers require additional time and effort to finish the wiring and installation work, which may increase your total spend especially if you have a north-facing roof, multiple levels in your home, multi-tiered roofs or skylights.
Factor 2: Equipment
The most obvious factor that affects the solar panel cost in Sydney is the size of the system you are interested in installing. Better hardware and accessories can produce more electricity with the same amount of sunlight, and often includes a far more comprehensive warranty. However it’s good to note that not all solar panels are created equal, and bigger is not always better. The more efficient, higher quality equipment comes with benefits that may be well worth the added cost.
Solar power is the most affordable source of green energy in the long run, which is accessible to almost every home if they take the first step to get it installed. With any home renovation or upgrade project, be sure to hire the right solar installer from one of the leading solar companies in Sydney.
The author of this article is working at one of the leading solar companies in Sydney. In this article, he discusses why setting up a home solar panel is a wise decision. To learn more, visit https://www.solarpathnsw.com.au/