In this article, we have discussed the ways in which you can upgrade to Windows 10 for free. Users working on Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 can still get Windows 10 on their systems for free.
If you are searching for the methods to upgrade your Windows 7/8/8.1 system to Windows 10, you have come to the correct address. Being expensive, a vast number of individuals might be trying to find a way to upgrade to Windows 10 right now.
However, the relieving news is that the users can still upgrade their Windows 7/8/8.1 system to Windows 10, even after this offer is officially outdated. There’s still a route Microsoft has left open for individuals to switch over to the newest Windows 10 update on their system.
The process to upgrade your system to Windows 10 is easy and straightforward, and Microsoft has made its mindset to bear even the financial hit, thereby making it easy for individuals to upgrade their systems to Windows 10, rather than having to stick with the earlier versions.
This guide will teach you how you can upgrade to Windows 10 with ease. So, on that note, let’s head over to the instructions further.
Is Windows 10 Free?
If we talk about the facts, Windows 10 has never really been available for free. Users have been paying a hefty price for the upgrades of Windows 10 Home (costing over $139) and Windows 10 Pro (for a hefty $200). Getting access to Windows 10 on your laptop or PC will cost you a considerable amount. There was a time when the company offered free upgrades to the users, but now no further. However, there’s still a loophole leftover that allows users to access Windows 10 on their systems for no amount.
Probably Microsoft wants to bring as many individuals on its platform as possible. Also, the company wants the existing users to upgrade their systems to the most recent Windows version.
How to Get Windows 10 for Free
So, how to upgrade your Windows 7/8/8.1 system to Windows 10 for free? Well, you need to follow along with the titles mentioned below for the same. Please be noted that the steps are similar for all the above-mentioned Windows versions. And with that said, let’s head over to the instructions you need to follow.
Check You Meet The Hardware Requirements
Before you try installing the Windows 10 latest version on your system, you need to check for the following hardware requirements:
- Your system should be running on at least a 1GHz or faster processor.
- If you want the 32-bit version of Windows 10, you should have at least 1GB of RAM on your system. Likewise, if you want to experience the 64-bit version of Windows 10, your system should have 2GB of RAM.
- At least 32GB of space is mandatory, or if your system has more, then it’s well and good.
- Your system should have DirectX 9 GPU compatibility or later alongside the WDDM 1.0 driver.
- The resolution should be 800×600 or higher.
- It should have a high-speed stable internet connection as some Windows 10 files need an active internet connection while installing the setup.
Do make sure your Windows 7/8/8.1system matches these requirements; otherwise, you will not be able to access Windows 10 on your system. Also, please be noted that your machine might not be able to run Windows 10 that well, if it just meets the requirements. So, we would recommend your system has at least these specifications:
- A dual-core processor of 2GHz.
- 4GB (ideally 8GB) of high-speed RAM.
- A hard drive of 160GB
These are the hardware requirements that we recommend your system to have in order to run Windows 10 with ease.
Download the Windows Media Creation Tool
Once you have checked for the hardware requirements, you need to follow these steps:
- Head over to Windows Media Creation Tool, and under the section “Create Windows 10 installation media,” tap on “Download tool now” to download and install the Windows Media Creation Tool.
- Once downloaded, you need to run it.
- Now, from the section “What do you want to do?,” choose “Upgrade this PC now.” Now follow the on-screen instructions. You also get the option to keep your files and apps while the installation is in progress.
- Now type your Windows 7 or Windows 8/8.1license key and wait for a while. You will soon be able to access Windows 10 running on your system for free.
- If required, press the “Activate” button, and your system will allow it sometime to get activated with a digital license once it has established a secure connection with the servers. That’s it.
- In case you aren’t able to obtain the license, you can try entering your Windows 7 product key and manually activate the OS.
So, these were the steps to upgrade to Windows 10 for free on your Windows 7/8/8.1 system. Now that you know the steps, try them to have Windows 10 experience on your system, and do let us know, your opinion about it in the comment section below: