Famous for its incredibly diverse culture, India is also known for its healthy and delicious dishes. Indian food in Vancouver is not only popular for its rich aroma and colourful look, but also well-known for its health-boosting benefits. Tandoori varieties are one such food option that is exceptionally healthy and tasty. It’s well known for its irresistible taste and smoky flavour. It comes with no artificial flavours or colours, and it looks yummy and soothing to your eyes after the spices have been added. From tandoori chicken and tandoori shrimp to tandoori vegetables, there are different options available for both vegetarians and non-vegetarians.
Tandoori varieties from an Indian restaurant in Vancouver are made by marinating chicken or vegetables in a mixture of yogurt and tandoori masala made from authentic Indian spices. The special masala used for tandoori is best known for the bright red colour it gives to the food. Chilli peppers are used to provide this colour to the masala. Tandoori masala has no standard flavour but offers a pungent sweetness backed up by bitter notes and heat. The basic ingredients used to make this special mixture varies from one region to another, and the most common ingredients are garam masala, garlic, ginger, onion, cayenne pepper, nutmeg, cinnamon, cloves, cumin, turmeric, and more. These spices are blend together and mixed with a few drops of lemon juice, and this mixture is used to marinate meat and vegetables for tandoori. It gives tandoori a unique taste, rich aroma, and spicy flavour. Even though pre-mixed tandoori masala from different brands is available in the groceries, they give out a different flavour when prepared freshly.
The chicken is marinated with yogurt and tandoori masala for at least one-hour minimum or overnight to ensure that the taste seeps in. Adding yogurt makes tandoori c1hicken tasty and supplies vitamins, including vitamin B12, potassium, and zinc.
Health Benefits of Tandoori Varieties
– Tandoori chicken is prepared on charcoal grills, and the method requires less oil and retains the proteins.
– Chicken and vegetables are marinated in yogurt before grilling. The healthy nutrients such as vitamin B12, potassium, and zinc in yogurt gives them a customary smoky flavour.
– Tandoori chicken is a low-fat and low-calorie dish and is recommended for people who are health-conscious and focus on maintaining good health and ideal weight.
– Herbs added to the tandoori for seasoning has antioxidants and are good for your brain health. It also prevents chronic disease and tissue breakdown.
– Selenium found in chicken helps in burning more calories and improves the body’s metabolism.
Tandoori chicken is loved all over the world and can be added to your diet in moderation to reap more benefits. Visit https://www.palkirestaurant.com/menu/ to order Indian food online in Vancouver.
The author of this article is associated with a leading Indian food restaurant in Vancouver and has over a decade of experience serving the community with the best Indian cuisine. Visit https://www.palkirestaurant.com/ for more information.