QuickBooks is a commonly used accounting application by business organizations across the world. The software is straightforward and easy to understand. But sometimes, users may come across some glitch that disturbs the on-going task of the application. One such issue is QuickBooks Error 1904. The error appears on the screen at the time of installing QuickBooks files.
What do you know about QuickBooks desktop error 1904?
QuickBooks Error Code 1904 comes along with an error message that says, “We’re sorry! Something went wrong with your installation. Error 1904.Module C:Program Files (X86)QuickBooks 2018ICWrapper.dll” failed to register.” The error mostly gets trigger because of damaged Microsoft Visual C++ files. There are many more reasons which lead to this troublesome error.
Let’s discuss the possible causes of QuickBooks Error 1904
- Incorrect File setting could be the reason behind this issue.
- Corrupted Company File.
- The error may occur when the system is updated but not rebooted by the user.
- A damaged QuickBooks installer file could also be the reason behind this error.
- Lack of permission can also lead to the trigger.
- Security application interrupting the installation process.
- An outdated version of the application or operating system.
What are the symptoms of Intuit QuickBooks Error 1904?
Below are the symptoms of QuickBooks Error 1904, which you must know to resolve the issue.
- You won’t be able to work with QuickBooks account data and company files.
- Once the message pops up, QuickBooks UI doesn’t open.
- The system will perform slowly.
- Users might not be able to provide input to the system via mouse and keyboard.
The solutions to Fix QuickBooks Error 1904
Troubleshooting Solution 1
Use QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
1. At first, download and install QuickBooks Tool Hub (QuickBooksToolHub.exe) and run it.
2. Once the application opens, select Installation issues from the options.
3. After that, click on QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool.
4. Finally, restart the system and reopen the QuickBooks application.
5. If the error doesn’t get resolved, follow the next solution.
Troubleshooting Solution 2
1. Click on the Windows button on the keyboard and search for CMD.
2. Now open the file with the Run as Administrator option.
3. Type in net user administrator /active: yes (or net user administrator /active if you see an error) and press enter.
4. After that, with the Switch user option, switch to the Default Admin Account.
5. Navigate to C:Program FilesCommon Files on the File Explorer.
6. Now, right-click it and open Properties.
7. Navigate to the Security tab and click on Edit.
8. Click on Users in the “Group or user names” section.
9. Turn on Modify, Read & execute, List folder contents, Read, and Write permissions in the “Permissions for Users” section.
10. Click on Apply and press OK.
11. Further, reinstall QuickBooks and sign in with the regular account.
12. Hide the administrator account if other users also use the system. In the command prompt, after choosing the Run as administrator option, type “net user administrator /active:no.”
In this blog, we have discussed how to fix QuickBooks Error 1904. For any query, contact us at our toll-free number (800) 280-5969.