QuickBooks Payroll covers enormous features & tools that allow users to manage their company and staff without any hassle, which ensures a smooth business flow. However, from time to time, we can meet some issues while working on this software. Sometimes, users face Unable to Update Payroll Error 557 that comes up while performing QB payroll updates. In this post, we’ll discuss the methods to eliminate this QuickBooks Error 557 with ease.
We are a dedicated team of QuickBooks experts. In case of any difficulty, you can call us at +1(800) 314-0226 to resolve this QuickBooks Payroll Error 557 shortly.
Easy Steps to Eliminate Unable to Update Payroll Error 557
Step 1: Update QuickBooks Desktop
If there is any update released by Intuit and you’re using an outdated version, you need to update the software first. So that QuickBooks Desktop Error 557 can be fixed.
- Firstly, open QuickBooks Desktop.
- Next, go to Help > Update QuickBooks Desktop Option.
- Click on Update Now located at the top.
- After that, click on Reset Update and then Get Updates.
- It may need some time to update the QB Desktop to the latest.
If the above steps are unable to update your software, please proceed further step that is given below.
Step 2: Manually Update QuickBooks Desktop
If you get difficulty while updating, you can manually update the software to resolve QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 557.
- Now, close QuickBooks Desktop.
- After that, you need to go to the QuickBooks official Download or Update page.
- Here, you need to select your Country, Product, and Version you’re using.
- Then, click on Search, and click on get the latest updates (Located at the bottom of the download).
- Wait until the download gets complete. It may take time to download, depending on your internet speed and the size of the file.
- Once the download is completed, open the file with the ‘.exe‘ extension.
- If asks, click Yes and follow on-screen prompts to initiate the QuickBooks update.
Step 3: Download the QuickBooks Payroll Update
Now you have the latest version of QuickBooks. After this, you have to update payroll services too.
- Open QuickBooks Desktop.
- Go to the Employees Tab >> Select Get Payroll Update.
- Choose Download the entire payroll update.
- Lastly, click on Update.
After going through the above-mentioned steps properly, you will be able to rectify Quickboos Error 557. If the steps don’t work and you still can see Error 557 in QuickBooks, you need to speak to our QuickBooks experts. Our Payroll Customer Sevices Number +1(800) 314-0226 is 24/7 reachable.