Intuit developed QuickBooks to run business accountancy of the organizations smoothly. Script error in QuickBooks is one of the enormous error which users generally face while opening QuickBooks Company file. When users access the web page through QuickBooks, they face script error and won’t able to load the page. The error is caused due to settings in the browser.
In this blog, we are going to discuss Script Error in QuickBooks. In case you face any doubt, feel free to contact us at our toll-free number (800) 280-5969. You can also reach our website to grasp more information about QuickBooks.
Script Error in QuickBooks (In Layman’s Term)
User encounter Script Error in QuickBooks when they try to access a web page from QuickBooks program. Due to the error, the webpage you try to open may not load properly or successfully. A pop-up message will appear on the screen which says “A script on this page is causing your web browser to run slowly”. If the error continues to run for a longer period, your system might become unresponsive. Well, script error is a simple error you don’t need to worry about your data and information safety. The error doesn’t cause any damage to your data. Before you fix the issue, you must know the possible causes that lead to the error.
Let’s discuss the possible causes of Script Error in QuickBooks.
- If the users are importing a dealing that has an account which was not created before the import.
- The error may occur if users are importing bills or invoices that have accounts different from assets or accounts due.
- In case the account name and account number are already present then also the error can occur.
- If the script processing functions are disabled or blocked.
- Malware infections present in the system can also lead to the error.
- In case the Active X components get damaged or missing.
- The script error is generally associated with Internet Explorer.
Script Error in QuickBooks- Top 2 Effective Troubleshooting Steps
Troubleshooting Step 1
Resolve the issue by disabling add-ons on Internet Explorer
- At first, open Internet Explorer.
- Go to the Tools section and select Internet options.
- Now choose the programs tab and click on manage add-ons.
- Select the disable add-ons function.
- Click OK
Troubleshooting Step 2
Clear cache data folder of Internet Explorer
- Firstly open Internet Explorer
- Now select Tools and click on Internet options & then the general tab.
- After that, click on the Delete option under browsing history.
- Checkmark all the options like cookies, history & temporary internet files
- Finally, click on apply and then select the OK button.
Hopefully, you must be able to resolve Script Error in QuickBooks by following the steps mentioned in the blog. In case of any doubt, feel free to contact us at our toll-free number (800) 280-5969.