The birth of a child is an exciting time for many families, and it’s the duty of the doctors and nurses to ensure the health and safety of both the mother and child. When the health care professionals act negligently or fail to use reasonable care, the mother and child can be harmed. If you are a victim of serious medical malpractice, it’s critical to understand your legal options. A personal injury lawyer who specializes in medical malpractice can help you in this.
Can a Birth Injury be Prevented?
With proper medical attention and care, some birth injuries can be prevented. Most healthcare professionals have years of experience in delivering babies, and they should know how to safely deliver a baby without any birth injuries or dangerous conditions. Talk to medical malpractice lawyers to find out whether you can file a legal claim for your medical injury.
Types of Birth Injuries
Some of the common types of birth injuries for the child are,
– Cerebral Palsy
– Facial Paralysis
– Oxygen Deprivation
– Brachial Plexus
– Fractured Collarbones
– Perinatal Asphyxia
– Caput Succedaneum
– Spinal Cord Injuries
For the mother,
– Post-partum Hemorrhage
– Ruptured Uterus
– Unidentified Vaginal Tears
– Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
A hospital may be held for birth injuries if the facility is failed to,
– Investigate the credentials of physicians attending a delivery
– Appoint the required number of staff to provide quality care for the mother and child
– Follow the treatment guidelines
– Run necessary clinical tests
– Maintain medical records of the mother and child
– Adhere to the medical standard of care during labor
Birth Injury Lawyer
Medical malpractice lawyers help children and families that are harmed by negligent doctors and nurses receive the compensation they deserve. Birth injuries may not be apparent until months or years after the trauma. While some birth injuries are mild, others can leave children disabled for the rest of their lives. A good medical malpractice attorney can help you in the following ways.
– They help you build a case against the nurses or doctors who are responsible for the issue.
– They help you file the case within the appropriate court of law.
– They assist you in gathering supporting evidences including medical records, witness testimonies, and more.
– They fight for you to help you get the financial compensation you deserve.
Yes, we agree that money can’t make up for the emotional turmoil that a birth injury brings, but it can help families afford medical treatments and other health care needs.
The Bottom Line
If you or your child has suffered a birth-related injury, contact the best medical malpractice attorney to file a claim and obtain the financial compensation you are entitled to.
The author of this article is one of the leading medical malpractice lawyers with over a decade of experience in practicing birth injury and related law