During the inspection of food businesses, the cleanliness of the equipment, utensils, and the rooms will be considered in assessing hygiene. To ensure the safety of the food products, the equipment and surfaces must be both visually clean and free from harmful germs. Besides, a clean environment is of primary importance for smooth operations.
However, this cannot be easily accomplished. Your workers should first understand the importance of cleaning, and then they should learn how to clean each surface, the type of cleaning solution to use, and which method to apply for each surface. It requires expertise to clean thein food industry effectively. This is where professional industrial cleaners come in. They know the processes of cleaning, and will use specialised cleaning equipment and solutions to clean and sanitise the plant effectively.
Steps involved in Cleaning and Sanitising in the Food Industry:
– Pre-cleaning: to remove the excess food waste sticking on to the surface of equipment by wiping, free rinsing, or sweeping.
– Main cleaning – to grease and loosen the wastes sticking to the surface using a detergent.
– Rinsing – to remove off the grease, detergent, and food waste.
– Disinfecting: to kill the bacteria sticking to the surface of the equipment.
– Final rinsing to remove the disinfectant applied.
– The last and final step followed in food processing plant cleaning includes drying up all the moisture from the surface.
Reasons to hire Professionals for cleaning in food industry:
Simply put, the equipment in the food processing industries must be cleaned regularly to ensure an efficient and safe manufacturing environment. Below are some primary reasons to hire professional cleaning services:
– Prevent the transfer of ingredients from one product to the other.
– In food Industries, where multiple food products are processed in the same equipment, effective cleaning is important to remove the trace ingredients. This will help prevent cross-contamination of allergens.
– Minimise the chance of food contamination, which can affect the quality of products produced in the plant that can lead to health hazards.
– Thorough cleaning of the surfaces for better sanitation: Equipment and surfaces cannot be sanitised properly if they are not cleaned thoroughly.
– Comply with local and international standards to avoid legal issues and ensure customer safety.
– Increase employee productivity and plant performance by preserving product quality and reducing waste.
– Enhance the safety of workers by providing a clean and smooth functioning environment.
– Produce high quality food products that are well received in the market.
When should you schedule Professional Industrial Cleaning?
Food Industry cleaning by Ecowize Australia should be scheduled regularly and often. Clean equipment and surfaces help to ensure efficient and smooth operation in the processing plant.
The author is a blogger. With a team of professionals and he provides a high compliance cleaning solution supported by a robust sanitation system to food Industries, making it always audit-ready. Visit http://ecowize.com.au/ for professional cleaning in food industry.